Hello and welcome all to the 3rd edition of the European Job Market for Economists (EJME) Candidate Directory, intended for immediate use by all candidates on the EJME season 2023/24.
Whilst there is no fee to be placed on the Candidate Directory, or to use its networking area, one must be a member of the EEA. To check your EEA membership / renew or join, please visit here.
Each CANDIDATE can create a profile (see Creating profile and signing up section below) that can be searched publicly by RECRUITERS in Europe and abroad.
Although there is no deadline to create a Candidate Profile, you are encouraged to do so by November 15 so that recruiters can make as much use as the functions of the Candidate Directory in their own searches before conducting interviews at the first stage of the job market.
In addition, there are a number of extra features that allow for more advanced searches of the Candidate Directory, and potentially help facilitate the successful matching of candidates and recruiters. In particular:
• Upon registration, candidates can enter up to 3 research fields and their Phd granting institution. Recruiters can filter candidates on these fields.
• From mid-February 2024 onwards, candidates will be asked to update whether they are on the job market. This field will also be filterable, thereby creating a virtual clearing market in the spring.
Also other features:
• The log in area specifically for EJME Candidates, where candidates can network with other candidates,
• A candidate only forum, and
• A Candidate Coffee Corner in the log in area (opened on a weekly basis - schedule is written directly on the "door" in the log-in area - so if you wish to organise a own meet up with other candidates, please write to [email protected])
Last, but not least, the Candidate log in area will also be used as a "front entrance" to the virtual workshops being organised for candidates. Please keep an eye on this section here to see all forthcoming events. To access these events, you will need to be logged in.
If you have any ideas on how the Candidate Directory can be improved, please let us know by writing to [email protected]
Thanks to you all for your support and presence on the EJME Candidate Directory!
Creating profile and signing up:
You can insert the following information on your profile:
- Link to CV (mandatory)
- Link to Job Market paper (mandatory)
- Link to website
- Link to any video presentation that you may have made.
Please note that you cannot upload any information on to the Candidate Directory. If your CV or Job Market paper is not housed on your personal or institution's website, please create a Google Drive or Dropbox folder (making your settings public) and link out to this file.
If you wish to edit your profile at a later date, please go the SETTINGS COG / WHEEL that appears when you are logged in.
To proceed in signing up, please go directly to register here.